What is MySQL?
MySQL stands for My Structured Query Language, which was initially released on May 23, 1995. It is an open-source database management system. It is where data or information for your website is stored. However, in order to access data from MySQL, your system needs a computer language such as Java, Perl, Python, and PHP.
If you want to know more about what is a MySQL database, click here.
Fun fact: The term MySQL is a combination of "My", Michael Widenius' daughter, and the acronym for Structured Query Language, which is a programming language designed to manage data.
How to add a MySQL database in your Web Hosting
If you want to add another MySQL database in your Web Hosting, you can do so via your Hosting Manager. To know how to do this, follow the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click the word Databases or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side.
- Click the MySQL Databases button, which is next to phpMyAdmin icon.
- On the next page, under Create New Database, type the name you want use for the database in the New Database field.
- Click Create Database.
- If the creation is successful, you will get the following notification:
✔ Added the database “username_newdatabase”.
Click Go Back to get back to the MySQL main page.
Congratulations, you now know how to add a MySQL database in your Web Hosting.