Configuring vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu or Debian
Article ID: 3162 Published: 24 Nov 2014 Updated: 15 Feb 2016 Authored by: Crazy Domains Support
You can configure a vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu/Debian by following these instructions:
- The default vsftpd configuration file is /etc/vsftpd.conf. You need to edit this file using a text editor such as VI using the following command:
$ sudo vi /etc/vsftpd.conf
- To allow local users to log in via ftp, add the following line to the vsftpd configuration file:
- If you would like to allow users to upload files, add the following:
- For security you may restrict local users to their home directories. To do that, add the following to the file:
- Save and close the file.
- Restart vsftpd service using the following command:
$ sudo service vsftpd restart
Congratulations, you have configured vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu/Debian.
Was this helpful?
89% of people found this helpful.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.