When editing files directly on the server, you are editing a live copy of your site, so changes take effect immediately. If your code does not work, your site might not function properly. Please note that it is very difficult to reverse changes once they are made. Therefore, editing is ONLY RECOMMENDED for minor changes.
Follow the steps below to edit files within your File Manager, make sure to back up your website files before editing.
- Access the File Manager.
- On the File Manager page, locate and double click the folder you wish to manage.
- Right-click on the file you wish to edit. Choose one of the editors available from the options:
- Edit – Edits a file as plain text.
- Code Edit – Edits a file as code, and provides line numbers at the left side of the editor.
- HTML Edit – Available for HTML only. Edits file as an HTML file.
- Once you have selected the editor you would like to use, click Edit from the pop-up window to open the editor in a new window.
- Click the Save Changes, once you are done editing the document.
Access your website to see the applied changes. Follow this linked guide to know more about other functions you can manage in your file manager. Please let us know if you need any further assistance, or if you have any questions. We’d love to help!