How do I get the WordPress home path that I need to transfer from another hosting provider?
Transferring your WordPress site to a new WordPress hosting can easily be done with the help of the automatic migration tool. All you have to do is enter the necessary information to allow your new hosting provide to access your site and then authorise the transfer.
One of the data needed for the migration is your WordPress home path. Here’s how you can get it:
- Create a file with name "example_name_of_script.php" that contains the following:
- Access your File Manager.
- On any of your FTP Manager, log in to the server and go to the directory where your WordPress is located.
- Upload the file, "example_name_of_script.php", there.
Note: WordPress home directory is typically inside public_html or httpdoc folder.
- Once uploaded, open http://yourdomainname/nameofyourfile.php and you will see your WordpPress site's home path.
You can use another name, but the extension of the file need .php.
Congratulations! You just located your home path.
If you want to know what WordPress hosting is, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- How to transfer a large WordPress site to the WordPress hosting
- How does Staging work on WordPress hosting
- WordPress Hosting Blacklisted Plugins
- What is WordPress Hosting?
- Where can I find the link to the WordPress Admin dashboard?