An AAAA Record (quad A Record) is another type of DNS Record that points a domain or subdomain to an IPv6 address, so that when someone types that domain or subdomain in the address bar, the browser knows where to go.
Before making changes to your DNS, you need to ensure that you're using the correct Name Servers for your domain name by checking on the guide below:
Then, depending on which Name Servers you're using, you can create AAAA Records via Account Manager using the steps on this guide.
Otherwise, read the linked guides below to create AAAA Records via Hosting or Exchange Manager:
Add or Update AAAA Records via Account Manager
Follow these steps to add or update AAAA Records for your domain name via your Account Manager:
- Log In to your Account Manager.
- Click Domains on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Domain Name that you wish to manage.
If you only have one domain, you will automatically be redirected to its management page.
- Scroll down to the DNS Settings section and click the Hamburger Menu on the right, then select Add Record.
(Or to update an existing record: hover your cursor over the AAAA Record and click the Modify option that appears on its right.)
- Select AAAA Record from the drop-down menu, then click the Add button.
- Enter the Sub Domain if necessary, followed by the AAAA Record (IPv6 Address) in the corresponding fields.
- Click Update.
You've now added or updated AAAA Records for your domain name.
Note: AAAA Records are applied immediately but may take up to 2 hours to propagate across the internet. If you have created your AAAA Record and have seen no change, please wait for this propagation period to finish. Otherwise, contact us for assistance.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.