You can use your own registered domain name as Name Servers for company branding purposes, so the records will look like the following:
You can do this in your Windows VPS through the Plesk control panel by following these three main steps:
- Access your Plesk control panel
- Add the domain to your VPS
- Assign your Name Servers
Access your Plesk control panel
Your Plesk control panel can be accessed either via direct link or via Account Manager:
If via direct link:
- Access the login page through this address:
Replace “serverhostname/ipaddress” with your appropriate server hostname or IP address.
- Enter your username and password then click Log In.
If via Account Manager:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click on Servers from the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the server plan you wish to manage. If you only have one plan, you will automatically be redirected to the management page.
- Click on the Plesk button, then enter your username and password if asked.
Add the domain to your VPS
Adding the domain name to your VPS will automatically create custom DNS records, including Name Server records, assigned with your dedicated VPS IP address. The steps below will show you how:
- Click Websites & Domains from the left-side menu.
- Click on the + Add Domain button on top.
- Enter the required information on the Adding New Domain Name page, then click OK.
Below is a description of the fields:
|Enter the registered domain name you wish to use as your Name Servers.
|Location of the website’s files
|Select "Create a new webspace".
|By default, your dedicated VPS IP address will be set here.
|Enter a username for accessing the hosted files over FTP or SSH.
|Enter or generate a password.
|Re-enter the password.
- You will be routed back to the Websites & Domains page.
Note: You can check the Name Server records by clicking DNS Settings from the options under your newly-added domain name.
Assign your Name Servers
If the domain name you want to use in creating the Name Servers is not registered with Crazy Domains, contact your domain provider to add the records there. If the domain name is registered with us, assign the newly-created records by following the instructions below:
- Log In to your Account Manager and select Domains from the top menu.
- Click on the domain name you wish to use as Name Servers.
- On the Name Servers section, click on the menu button found on the right.
- Select Add Name Server from the drop-down menu.
- In the Host Name field, enter your first Name Server: “ns1.mydomain.com”, then add the Windows VPS IP Address in the field beside it.
- Click on the + Add Name Server option below it to add your second Name Server: “ns2.mydomain.com” and enter your Windows VPS IP address in the field beside it.
- Once done, click Update.
- Below the newly-added Name Servers, new Host Records will also be automatically added by the system.
Important: For the new records to work properly, ensure that all other existing Name Server records set for the domain name are removed.
Note: All DNS updates will take up to 2 hours to resolve across the global networks. After you have performed this action please wait for the update to take full effect.
Congratulations! You have just created and assigned your Name Servers in Windows VPS.