Child Name Servers are private labelled Name Servers which are registered with the Registry under your own Domain Name. Child Name Servers can be created only by the owner of the Domain Name under which they are registered.
For example, ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com would be the Child Name Servers for the Domain Name mydomain.com.
Create Child Name Servers for your Domain Name, within your Account Manager, using the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click Domains on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the Domain you wish to update from your list of Domain Names.
- Scroll down to the Name Servers section. Click the Hamburger Menu on the right, then select the Add Host Record from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your Sub Domain (new Child Name Servers) and the associated IP Addresses in the corresponding fields provided.
- Click the Update button.
If you wish to use your new Child Name Servers for your Domain, you can refer to the guide article below:
Note: New Child Name Servers are applied immediately but may take up to 24 hours to propagate across the internet.
You have just created Child Name Servers
for your Domain Name