A 404 Error Page appears when a user tries to access a page within your website that does not exist, or when there is an error in the URL, like an extra character or a misspelled subfolder, among others. Although sometimes, this error can appear even when a page does exist and is only caused by an error with the connection to the server. In which case, a simple refresh of your browser will do the trick. Learn more about 404 Errors by clicking here.
To customise the 404 Error Page that you'd like to appear for your website in Website Builder, follow the instructions below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Account Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password then, click Log In.
- Click the Visit My Account button.
- Click Website Builder from the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the Website Builder plan that you wish to manage.
If you only have one Website Builder plan, you will automatically be redirected to its management page.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the [+] Icon at the upper right-hand section of the page and click Build Now.
- On the Sites page of your Website Builder Dashboard, hover your mouse pointer over the project that you wish to manage then click Edit.
- On the Website Builder Editor, click Settings from the left-side menu.
- Click Advanced and click 404 Error Page.
- Click Change then select the Layout that you'd like to use.
A preview of the Layout will appear on your website as you click it.
- Click Apply to use the Layout.
Congratulations! You have just customised your 404 Error Page in Website Builder.