How to manage your spam Whitelist and Blacklist
Premium Email Protection only sends quarantine summary reports when one or more of your emails have been quarantined, this email will also contain the username and a direct link to access the Quarantine Inbox.
- Check your email for the Quarantined Notification.
- Open your email and click the link to access your Quarantine Inbox.
After logging in to the quarantine interface, select the Preferences tab to manage your whitelist and blacklist as well as modify your quarantine and spam settings.
What is a Whitelist
A list of email addresses or domains from which you always wish to receive messages. The only time the Barracuda Spam Firewall filters a message from someone on your whitelist is when the message contains a virus or a disallowed attachment file extension.
What is a Blacklist
A list of senders from whom you never want to receive messages. The Barracuda Spam Firewall immediately discards messages from senders on your blacklist. These messages are not tagged or quarantined and cannot be recovered. The sender does not receive a notice that the message was deleted, and neither do you.
Adding email addresses and domains to your Whitelist and Blacklist
- Under Preferences click Whitelist/Blacklist.
- To add a single entry, type an email address into the appropriate field and click the corresponding Add button.
- Once entered, to delete a Whitelist or a Blacklist entry, click the trash can next to the address.
Note: You can use the following guidelines when adding addresses to your Whitelist and Blacklist.
- If you enter a full email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, just that user is specified. If you enter just a domain, such as gmail.com, all users in that domain are specified.
- If you enter a domain such as mydomain.com, all sub domains are also included, such as page.mydomain.com and www.page.mydomain.com.
- Mass mailings often come from domains that do not resemble the company's web site name. For example, you may want to receive mailings from pulpfiction.com, but you will find that this site sends out its mailing from the domain maxmail.com. You need to look at the From: address of an actual mailing that you are trying to Whitelist or Blacklist to determine what to enter.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.