FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a third-party application used to upload, download and manage website files. Upon access, an FTP login and password are required. This is to make sure that anyone who tinkers with your website files is authorised. However, in case you forgot your password, you may reset it by following the steps given below:
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click Files icon, or the [ v ] arrow button on the right side, and then click FTP Accounts.
- Scroll down to FTP Accounts. Click on the Gear icon next to the FTP Login you want to reset.
- Select Change Password.
- Type in your new password in the respected fields.
Make sure to create a strong password. The Strength meter will tell you if your password is weak or strong.
If you find it difficult to make a strong enough password for your email, you can let the system create one for you.
To do this, follow the steps below:
You can also choose to check I have copied this password in a safe place. Then, click Use Password. This will automatically copy and paste the generated password in the Password fields.
- Click the Password Generator button, next to the Strength meter.
- In the pop-up box, copy the generated password and paste that in the Password fields.
Important Note: Make sure you have actually saved the generated password in a safe and easy to recall place.
- Click Change Password to save your updates.
Changes will take effect after 10 minutes. Thank you for your patience.
Congratulations! You know now how to reset you FTP password.
If you want to know how to set up an FTP connection, click here.
If you want to know how to get started with FTP, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.