An anchor link is a link on a page that brings you to a specific place on that page. Anchors let site visitors go directly to a particular part of a long page instead of scrolling and searching for information. You can add anchor Links to your site in the Website Builder console using the Text Widget. This can be done by following these steps:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Website Builder from the menu.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- Choose where you want your site visitors to go after clicking on the anchor link. If you want them to go to a new Text, click Basic from the left menu, locate the Text widget and drag and drop it to the location you want in the content area.
- If you want them to go to an existing Text, simply click in the text field area.
- The text editing toolbar will appear. Select any text and click the Anchor button.
- The Anchor Properties window will display. Type the Anchor Name and click OK. The anchor will be placed at the beginning of the selected text.
- Now you can place an anchor link in any text widget on the page. Simply click in the text field area.
- The text editing toolbar will appear. Click the Link button on the left.
- Select Link to anchor in the text from the Link Type drop-down menu and select the anchor name from the By Anchor Name drop-down menu, then click OK.
- Click the Save icon on the top menu to save your work or Publish to show to the world.
You can set several anchor links pointing to the same anchor. Links can be edited in the Website Builder console any time by simply clicking on them in the text field area.