In this article, learn how to set up a Catch-All email account via Plesk and also learn what is a Catch-All email account and how it will make your email management more convenient and efficient.
A Catch-All email account is basically an inbox that is set up to receive all emails sent to incorrect or non-existent email addresses within a domain.
For example, your domain is mydomain.com and you have created 3 personalised email addresses on that domain (e.g., email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com). You can set 1 of those 3 valid email addresses as a Catch-All email account.
If you set up firstname.lastname@example.org as your Catch-All email account, messages sent to misspelled or non-existent addresses like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org will all be routed to email@example.com.
Note: After creating mail accounts in Plesk, you can use it to set up the Catch-All Email account. If you haven’t, please follow click this link to learn how to create mail accounts in Plesk.
How To Set up a Catch-All Email Account in Plesk
Follow the steps below to set up a Catch-All email account in Plesk:
- Access your Hosting Manager.
- Click Mail from the left-side menu.
- Click on the Mail Settings tab at the top.
- Click the domain name whose stray emails you wish to receive and manage.
- Select Forward to address and specify the email address (email account) that will receive all the stray emails.
- The specified email address should belong to the selected domain name.
For example, if you are setting up a Catch-All email account for mydomain.com, then you can Forward to address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and not to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure that the account specified here is a working email account so you are able to access it anytime.
- Click OK to save.
You have now set up a Catch-All email account in Plesk.
Note: Any email sent to misspelled or non-existent addresses on your domain will now be sent to the address you typed in the text box under Forward to address.
For assistance, or if you have any questions in setting up a Catch-All email Account in Plesk, please contact us.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.