The default prices of the Reseller Console are set to a 10% profit margin. This means that the Retail/Sale Price of every domain and product in the Reseller Console is sold 10% higher than the Wholesale Price.
The Wholesale Price is the price you paid for each product through your Reseller Console. The Retail Price is the sale price you want for your clients, including tax, while Profit is the amount you receive, after the taxes.
To alter the pricing at which your clients can purchase domains and products, follow the steps below:
- Using your chosen browser, navigate to the following address:
- Enter your Reseller Account username and password and click Log In.
- Under the Finances tab, select Pricing. Then from the list under Pricing, click Domains, Hosting, or Products. A list of all the domains/products per selected category will appear with the corresponding Wholesale Price, Retail Price, and Profit.
- Domains, carefully categorized for your convenience, allows you to manage the pricing per year for all domain types. The following categories are listed in the drop-down menu found on the the upper right-hand corner: Australia, Europe, New Zealand, International, New TLDs, and Addons. All domain-related products are listed under the Addons category, which are as follows: Domain Listing, DNS Service, Domain Backorder, and Domain Privacy.
- Hosting allows you to manage the pricing for all hosting products. The following categories are listed in the drop-down menu found on the upper right-hand corner:
- Products allows you to manage the pricing for all other products. The following categories are listed in the drop-down menu found on the upper right-hand corner: Fax To Email, Website Builder, Email Protection, SSL Certificates, Traffic Booster, Email Marketing, Site Protection, and Web Analytics.
- Select between Manual update or Bulk update from the options found below the domain categories/tabs or hosting and product drop-down lists.
- Select Bulk update to set the Retail Price of all the domains/products in a specific category. Enter the percentage you want added on top of the Wholesale Price, in the box between Bulk update and the [%] percent symbol. If you want to increase the Wholesale Price by 20%, enter 20 in the box and click Apply.
- Select Manual update to set the Retail Price of each domain/product. This is best done if you only want to change a number of domain/product pricing. Highlight the current Retail Price assigned to the specific domain/product and type in the new Retail Price.
- Once done, click Save.
Congratulations! You just configured your Reseller Pricing and Rates.