Sitebeat gives you 2 options when publishing your website live. You can publish your site to your Sitebeat Domain or use a Subdomain of sitebeat.crazydomains.com for Free. In this article, we will be focusing on the Free Sitebeat Subdomain and how to use it. If you want to learn more about the Sitebeat Domain, click here.
What is a Free Subdomain
Sitebeat allows you to use a Free configurable sitebeat.crazydomains.com Subdomain that never expires. You can publish your site using this Subdomain, especially if you're still testing out your site.
If not configured, the system creates a random name for you to use, e.g. ab12cd34.sitebeat.crazydomains.com. To configure the Free Subdomain, follow the instructions below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Account Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password then, click Log In.
- Click the Visit My Account button.
- Click Sitebeat from the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the Sitebeat plan you wish to manage.
If you only have one Sitebeat plan, you will automatically be redirected to its management page.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the [+] Icon at the upper right-hand section of the page and click Build Now.
You will now be routed to your Sitebeat Dashboard.
- On the Sites page of your Sitebeat Dashboard, hover your mouse pointer over the project/website that you would like to customise and click EDIT.
- Click Settings from the left-side menu, then click Domains.
- Click on the random name under Free.
- Under Site Address, replace the random name with a name that you would like to use for your website.
This will be added before the .sitebeat.crazydomains.com Subdomain, e.g. mysite.sitebeat.crazydomains.com
- Click the Rename button to save.
You will now be able to use this Free Subdomain as your website's address when publishing your site.
Publishing Your Website
The Publish option can be found on 3 different places, making it quick for you to publish your website anytime. You can do this while you're on the Sitebeat Dashboard's Sites page, and while on Editor or Preview mode:
- While on your Sitebeat Dashboard's Sites page (follow steps 1-7 above to access this), you can hover your mouse pointer over a project, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon, and click Publish.
- Or, click Edit to proceed with Editor mode, and click the Publish button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Or, click Preview from the top-right corner of the Sitebeat Editor to proceed with Preview mode first, and click the Publish button at the bottom-right corner of the page.
A pop-up box will appear. Select Use a Subdomain..., then click Publish again.
The published website will have a  Published Icon showing on the project if you view it on your Sitebeat Dashboard's Sites page.
While you are able to work on a maximum of 3 projects, you can only publish 1 website live.
Note: If you already have 1 project or website published live and you try to publish another website, you will get a Limit Reached error. Click on the [x] mark at the top right-hand corner of the page to go back. You will need to Unpublish one project to be able to publish another one.
To Unpublish a website, go to your Sitebeat Dashboard's Sites page and hover your mouse pointer over the published website, or the project that has the  Published Icon on it, then click the [...] Ellipsis Icon and select Unpublish.
Congratulations! You just published your website to a Free Sitebeat Subdomain.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.