Sitebeat gives you (2) two options when publishing your website live. You can publish your site to your Sitebeat Domain or use a Subdomain of sitebeat.crazydomains.com for Free. In this article, we will be focusing on the Free Sitebeat Subdomain and how to use it. If you want to learn more about the Sitebeat Domain, click here.
What Is a Free Subdomain
Sitebeat allows you to use a Free configurable sitebeat.crazydomains.com Subdomain that never expires. You can publish your site using this Subdomain, especially if you're still testing out your site.
If not configured, the system creates a random name for you to use, e.g. ab12cd34.sitebeat.crazydomains.com. To configure the Free Subdomain, follow the instructions below:
- Log In to Sitebeat.
- You will now be routed to your Sitebeat Dashboard.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the project/website that you would like to customise and click EDIT.
- Click Settings from the left-side menu, then click Domains.
- Click on the random name under Free.
- Under Site Address, replace the random name with a name that you would like to use for your website.
This will be added before the .sitebeat.crazydomains.com Subdomain, e.g. mysite.sitebeat.crazydomains.com
- Click the Rename button to save.
You will now be able to use this Free Subdomain as your website's address when publishing your site.
Publishing Your Website
The Publish option can be found in (3) three different places, making it quick for you to publish your website anytime. You can do this while you're on the Sitebeat Dashboard's Sites page, and while on Editor or Preview mode:
- While on your Sitebeat Dashboard's Sites page, you can hover your mouse pointer over a project, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon, and click Publish.
- Or, click Edit to proceed with Editor mode, and click the Publish button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Or, click Preview from the top-right corner of the Sitebeat Editor to proceed with Preview mode first, and click the Publish button at the bottom-right corner of the page.
A pop-up box will appear. Select Use a Subdomain of..., then click Publish again.
The published website will have a  Published Icon showing on the project card if you view it on your Sitebeat Dashboard's Sites page.
While you are able to work on a maximum of (3) three projects, you can only publish (1) one website live.
Note: If you already have (1) one project or website published live and you try to publish another website, you will get a Limit Reached error. Click on the [x] Icon at the top-right corner of the page to go back. You will need to Unpublish one project to be able to publish another.
To Unpublish a website, go to your Sitebeat Dashboard's Sites page and hover your mouse pointer over the published website, then click the [...] Ellipsis Icon and select Unpublish.
Congratulations! You just published your website to a Free Sitebeat Subdomain.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.