You can install an SSH Server in CentOS VPS by doing the following:
- Open your VPS console from the Power Management control panel.
- Log In to your VPS by entering your username and password.
- Install the following packages to set up your SSH server and client in CentOS Linux Operating System. To install the server and client, use the following command:
# yum -y install openssh-server openssh-clients
- Start the SSH service with the following commands:
# chkconfig sshd on
# service sshd start
- SSH service runs at port 22 by default. You can check if port 22 is open using the following command:
# netstat -tulpn | grep :22
Congratulations, you have installed an SSH Server on your CentOS VPS.
To configure the SSH Server edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and update the configuration values.