There are different ways to redirect your Domain Name to your Web Hosting service. And make your website available online by browsing it through the internet. In this article, you will learn how to connect your domain name. Also, how to add your domain name to your Web Hosting plan. Click the corresponding links below to learn:
If you purchased your domain name through Crazy Domains, we have connected your Web Hosting service for you. Otherwise, read through this article to learn how to connect your domain name.
Connecting a Domain to Web Hosting
You need to make changes to your domain settings for domains purchased from another registrar. Read our guide on How to Connect My Domain to Web Hosting for the detailed instructions.
Adding a Domain to Web Hosting
After connecting your domain to your Crazy Domains' Web Hosting, you can then add and set it up on your Hosting Manager via the Connect Domains option.
To access this option, follow the steps below:
- Click on Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Hosting Manager is selected from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- On the Home page, click Connect Domains from the left-side panel.
- Under Create an Addon Domain, type the domain name of the website you want to host in the New Domain Name field.
After entering the New Domain Name, the system will automatically input the Subdomain name for you.
Note: If you want a different Subdomain name, you can change it by manually entering your preferred name in the Subdomain field.
In the Document Root field, the system will also automatically create a directory path inside your hosting space, which will have the same name as your domain name by default.
Note: If you want to rename the default path, you can change it by manually typing the path name you prefer in the Document Root field.
If you want to create an FTP account for the Addon Domain, tick the Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain box. This will open the FTP Account login fields you need to fill out. These fields are the following:
|This is the FTP account name. It will have the new domain name as its default username.
If you want to change it, you can manually enter your preferred username in the text box.
|This will serve as your authorisation key that will enable you to access your FTP connection. The system will tell you how weak or strong your new password is when you type it in the corresponding fields.
If you find it difficult to make a strong password, you can let the system create one for you by following these easy steps:
- Click the Password Generator button. In the pop-up box, copy the generated password and paste it in the Password fields.
- You can also tick the I have copied this password in a safe place box. Then, click the Use Password button. This will automatically copy and paste the generated password in the Password fields.
Important Note: Make sure that you have actually saved the generated password in a safe and easy-to-recall place.
- Click the Add Domain button.
Your new domain name will now be added to your Web Hosting account.
You just successfully redirected your domain name to your web hosting. Please let us know if you need further assistance or if you have any questions. We'd love to help!