The following clause (21.36) applies specifically to .ae domain names.
.ae domain names are governed by aeDA. The following policies and procedures apply to all .ae domain name registrations. Further information can be found on aeDA's website.
The Registrar agrees and covenants to act as an agent for the .aeDA for the sole purpose, but only to the extent necessary, to enable the .aeDA to receive the benefit of rights and covenants conferred to them under this Registrant Agreement.
In this clause, aeDA Published Policies means those specifications and policies established and published by aeDA from time to time at https://www.tra.gov.ae/aeda.
This document contains the terms and conditions that apply between you, us and the services provided by the registrar.
21.36.1 .ae Domain name license registration
A Domain Name Application must be in the form prescribed under the .aeDA Policies. The Domain Name must comply with the .aeDA Policies.
The Registrar and the Registrant do not have any proprietary right arising from:
- the Registered Name; or
- the entry of a Domain Name in the Registry Database.
All personal information pertaining to the Registrant is held by the .aeDA for the benefit of the public of the UAE.
Your application for a Domain Name must be in the form prescribed under the Published Policies. The Domain Name must comply with the Published Policies.
You accept that even if we have accepted and approved your Domain Name application, the application may still be rejected by the Registry Operator in performing its final integrity checks.
You accept that neither you, nor we, have any proprietary right arising from the registered Domain Name, or the entry of a Domain Name in the domain names registry.
All personal information pertaining to you are held by aeDA for the benefit of the Australian public.
21.36.2 .ae Domain name license
Your Domain Name license will be effective for a two year period, once:
- Your application is accepted and approved by us and by the Registry Operator
- You have paid the applicable fees
- Unless it is cancelled earlier under the terms of this document or under any Published Policies
Your Domain Name license may be renewed every two years, as long as you:
- Pay the applicable renewal fees.
- Continue to meet the eligibility criteria prescribed in the Published Policies.
You accept that it is your responsibility to ensure that your Domain Name license is renewed.
You may cancel your Domain Name license at any time by notifying us in writing.
We may cancel your Domain Name license if you breach any provision of this document. We reserve the right to hold payment and deny refund or account credit.
21.36.3 Your statement to us and aeDA
You confirm and state to us and to aeDA separately that:
- You grant to:
- the .aeDA, the right to publicly disclose to third parties, all information relating to the Registered Names in accordance with the .aeDA Policies which are available on the .aeDA's website;
- the Registrar, the right to disclose to the .aeDA Registry, all information which is reasonably required by the .aeDA registry in order to Register the Domain Name in the Registry; and
- the .aeDA Registry, the right to publicly disclose to third parties, all information relating to the Registered Name to enable the .aeDA Registry to maintain a public WhoIs service, provided that such disclosure is consistent with all relevant .aeDA Policies.
- All the information set out in your Domain Name application, and all information you give us, are true, complete and correct, and are not misleading or deceptive, and your application is made in good faith.
- You meet, and continue to meet, for the duration of the Domain Name license, the eligibility criteria prescribed in the Published Policies for registering the Domain Name.
- You have not previously submitted an application for registration with another registrar, a domain name which is the same as the Domain Name, in circumstances where:
- You are relying upon the same eligibility criteria for both domain names.
- The Domain Name has previously been rejected by the other registrar
You accept that if any of the above statements is found to be untrue, incomplete, incorrect or misleading, then either we or aeDA may cancel your Domain Name license.
You agree to indemnify us and aeDA separately for any loss or damage suffered by us or aeDA as a result of any of us relying upon your above statements.
21.36.4 Our obligations to you
Once your Domain Name application is accepted and approved, we will cause your Domain Name details to be entered in the domain names registry.
Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd will give you immediate notice if:
- Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd is no longer an accredited registrar.
- Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd's aeDA Accreditation is suspended or terminated.
- Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd's Registry-Registrar Agreement with is terminated by aeDA
aeDA may post notice of:
- The fact that Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd is no longer an accredited registrar.
- The suspension or termination of Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd's aeDA Accreditation.
- The termination of Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd's Registry-Registrar Agreement with aeDA,
On its web site, and may, if it considers appropriate, give such written notice specifically to you.
21.36.5 Your obligations to us
You must comply with the Published Policies, as if they were incorporated into, and form part of, this document. In the event of any inconsistency between any Published Policy and this document, then the Published Policy will prevail to the extent of any such inconsistencies between this Agreement and the Published Policy.
You acknowledge that under the Published Policy:
- There are mandatory terms and conditions that apply to all domain names licenses, and such terms and conditions are incorporated into, and form part of, this document
- You are bound by, and must submit to, the .ae Dispute Resolution Policy (aeDRP)
- aeDA may delete or cancel the registration of a .ae domain name
Throughout the period of your Domain Name license, you must:
- comply with the aeDA Policies; and;
- give notice to the aeDA Registry (through us), of any change to any information in the Registrant Data.
You must not, directly, indirectly, through Registation or use of its Domain Name or otherwise:
- Register a Domain Name for the purpose of diverting trade from another business or web site;
- Deliberately Register misspellings of another entity's company or brand name in order to trade on the reputation of another entity's goodwill; and
- Register a Domain Name and then passively hold a Domain Name License for the purpose of preventing another Registrant from Registering it.
You must not in any way:
- Transfer or purport to transfer a proprietary right in any Domain Name Registration;
- Grant or purport to grant a Registered Domain Name as security; or
- Encumber or purport to encumber a Domain Name Registration.
You will, immediately upon being requested to do so, enter into Domain Name License with .aeDA.
21.36.6 Use of your information
You grant to:
- aeDA, the right to publicly disclose to third parties, all information relation to the registered Domain Name in accordance with the aeDA's Published Policies available on .aeDA's website;
- us, the right to disclose to .aeDA, all information which are reasonably required by the .aeDA Registry in order to register the Domain Name in the registry
- the .aeDA Registry, the right to publicly disclose to third parties, all information relation to the registered Domain Name to enable the Registry Operator to maintain a public WHOIS service, provided that such disclosure is consistent with the Published Policies.
21.36.7 Dispute resolution
aeDA has in place a dispute resolution called the aeDRP (.ae Dispute Resolution Policy) between the Registrant and a third party, in relation to entitlements to the Registered Domain Name the subject of this Agreement. The parties agree that the aeDRP binds the Registrar and the Registrant as if it we incorporated in the Registrant Agreement.
21.36.8 .ae Domain name license registrar transfer
We will ensure that you can easily transfer sponsorship of your Domain Name registration to another registrar in accordance with the Published Policies. The Published Policies will address such matters as:
- The maximum fees which we can charge you for such transfer.
- When we are not allowed to charge you fees.
- The circumstances pursuant to which we must transfer sponsorship of the registered Domain Name.
- The circumstances pursuant to which we are entitled not to transfer the sponsorship of registered the Domain Name
In the event that:
- Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd is no longer an accredited registrar.
- Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd's aeDA Accreditation is suspended or terminated
- Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd's Registry-Registrar Agreement is terminated by aeDA, you are responsible for transferring the Registered Doman Name to a new Registrar in accordance with the .aeDA Policies within 30 Calendar Dats of written notice being provided to you by .aeDA.
In the event that our Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd's Registry-Registrar Agreement with aeDA is terminated, we will not charge you any fee for the transfer of the registered Domain Name to another registrar.
21.36.9 Registrant Warranties
The Registrant Warrants that it meets, and continues to meet, the Eligibility criteria prescribed in the .aeDA Policies relating to the Registering of a Domain Name. In the event that the Registrant ceases to meet such Eligibility criteria, the Domain Name Licence may be terminated by either the Registrar or the .aeDA.
The Registrant makes the warranties set out in Registrant Warranties Policy (and any other Policy introduced in substitution, replacement or amendment to that Policy by the Registrar). The warranties include, without limitation, that all information supplied to the Registrar for the Registration of the Domain Name the subject of this Agreement is true, complete and correct. The Registrant accepts that the .aeDA or the Registrar shall cancel the Registration of the Domain Name the subject of this Agreement if any of the warranties are not true.
The Registrant Warrants that it has not previously submitted a Domain Name which is the same as the Domain Name the subject of this Agreement for Registration with another Registrar where:
- The Registrant is relying upon the same Eligibility criteria for both Domain Names; and
- the Domain Name has previously been rejected by the other Registrar.
21.36.10 Limitation of liabilities
You cannot pursue any claim against aeDA or against us, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, neither aeDA nor we are liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential losses or damages of any kind, including but not limited to losses or damages resulting from loss of use, lost profits, loss or corruption of data, business interruption, lost business revenue or third parties damages, arising from, as a result of, or otherwise in connection with, any act or omission whatsoever of aeDA or us, or any of aeDA's or our employees, agents or contractors, including but not limited to any breach by us of our obligations under this document, or under Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd's registrar agreement with aeDA.
You agree to indemnity, keep indemnified and hold aeDA, Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd and us, and aeDA's, Dreamscape Networks International Pte Ltd's and our employees, agents and contractors harmless from all and any claims or liabilities, arising from, as a result of, or otherwise in connection with, your registration or use of the Domain Name.
You accept and agree that if we have any outstanding fees owing to aeDA, which gives aeDA a right to terminate our registrar agreement with aeDA, then aeDA may in its sole discretion terminate the registrar agreement.
You accept and agree that neither aeDA nor we are responsible for the use of any Domain Name in the domain names registry, and that aeDA is not responsible for any conflict or dispute with any actual or threatened claim against a registrar or a domain name license holder, including one relating to registered or unregistered trademark, a corporate, business or other trade-name, rights relating to a name or other identifying indicium or of an individual or other intellectual property rights of a third party or relating to the defamation or unlawful discrimination with respect to any other person.
Despite any other provision of this document, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, neither aeDA nor we are liable to you for consequential, indirect or special losses or damages of any kind (including without limitation, loss of profit, loss or corruption of data, business interruption or indirect loss) suffered by you as a result of any act or omission whatsoever of aeDA or us, and our respective employees, agents, or sub-contractors.
21.36.11 Our agency
We enter into this document as agent for aeDA for the sole purpose, but only to the extent necessary, to enable aeDA to receive the benefit of the rights and covenants conferred to it under this document. aeDA is an intended third party beneficiary of this document.
In this document:
- A reference to this or other document includes the document as varied or replaced regardless of any change in the identity of the parties
- A reference to writing includes all modes of representing or reproducing words in a legible, permanent and visible form
- Headings and sub-headings are inserted for ease of reference only and do not affect the interpretation of this document
- Where an expression is defined, another part of speech or grammatical form of that expression has a corresponding meaning
All previous agreements, statements, explanations and commitments, expressed or implied, affecting the subject matter of this document are superseded by this document and have no effect.
If a provision in this document is held to be illegal, invalid, void, voidable or unenforceable, that provision must be read down to the extent necessary, or severed if necessary, to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid, void, voidable or unenforceable.